Health e-Lunch Kids launches new ordering system
A year after the first online order was placed, after surveys, user discussions, and pure trial and error, a new ordering system for the promising startup Health e-Lunch Kids is taking orders. Designed by Beveridge Seay, and built on the popular open-source Ruby on Rails platform by Smart Logic Solutions, the ordering system is designed to do exactly what it’s users want it to do: let people order lunches that are both healthy and exactly what their kids want. Currently operating exclusively in the Washington Metropolitan Area, Health e-Lunch Kids was founded by Monica Tomasso in early 2006. The business concept has shown strong market interest, and the enterprise is actively pursuing investment partners to ensure solid future growth.
Sporting a sleek new visual design, filled with new features and reinventions of old features, the new ordering system improves life for customers and administrators behind the scenes at Health e-Lunch Kids.
- use a dynamic interface to select exactly which sides come with their sandwich, wrap or salad.
- “subscribe” to get a different lunch each day automatically
- create an “express” order in just a few clicks
- manage all their orders on a 30 day calendar
- easily access upcoming orders and past order history
The most significant features are under the hood:
- scalable order capacity setting the foundation for strategic growth into multiple geographies.
- cost-effective, open-source technology infrastructure built on MySQL and Ruby on Rails
- information architecture improvements which facilitate the constantly changing relationship of children to schools
Working with Health e-Lunch Kids in their early start up phase has been fascinating, challenging and enormously gratifying as we help to build a foundation for what we at Beveridge Seay believe will be significant future growth in the market for healthier, happier, children.